RSS

This Season of Life: 8/52 “sending more mail”

14 Mar

This Season of Life is a 52-week photography project through which my friend Mary and I will share photos that depict various moments from the current season in which we find ourselves. Having remained friends for the past 12 years, we have experienced a lot of seasons together (and some apart), as we now live in very different places. Having stayed in touch, we continue to share our life experiences and challenges with one another. This has been an incredible gift that continues to shape our friendship. We hope you will follow our Project 52 and enjoy the images that we share.

Sending more mail is something I’m hoping to do this year. You know, snail mail. Or, as my newest stamp boasts, a good old “vintage email”. 😉 I mailed off this postcard last week to a very good friend, along with a handwritten letter to another. I hope to try to send at least one piece of snail mail per week through the rest of the year. Do you enjoy sending (and receiving) snail mail, too?

DSC_7577DSC_7585Now, take a moment and check out my friend Mary’s photo this week: Under the Weather. While you’re at it, look around her site, Moe-Digger Photography, a bit more and view our last Project 52. I am sure you will fall in love with her photos and see what a special person she is, just as I have.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 responses to “This Season of Life: 8/52 “sending more mail”

1. Jenifer

March 14, 2016 at 11:00 pm

Love this. I love sending and receiving (even though doesn’t happen to often-unless I buy something LOL)

• mypersonalcoffeebreak

March 14, 2016 at 11:51 pm

Thank you, Jenifer. I agree–it’s hard to find the time, but that’s my goal. We’ll see if I can stick with it!

2. Daniëlle

March 14, 2016 at 9:09 pm

I love snail mail!my favorite are letterpress cards, single sided. Great goal!

• mypersonalcoffeebreak

March 14, 2016 at 11:50 pm

That’s great! What do letterpress cards, single sided look like? I don’t know that I’ve seen those before. Thanks, Daniëlle!

3. Mary G.

March 14, 2016 at 9:39 am

Love it! And, love sending & receiving snail mail. What a great goal for this year. Are you also doing the #writeon challenge in April?

• mypersonalcoffeebreak

March 14, 2016 at 10:04 am

Thank you! I know you’re my fellow snail mail in crime. 😉 Yes, I was thinking about doing that challenge. What about you?